- IV: Crystals may occur if adenosine is refrigerated. Warm to room temperature to dissolve crystals. Solution must be clear before use. Do not administer solutions that are discolored or contain particulate matter. Discard unused portions.
- Direct IV: Diluent: Administer undiluted. Concentration 3 mg/mL.
- Rate: Administer over 1–2 seconds via peripheral IV as proximal as possible to trunk. Slow administration may cause increased heart rate in response to vasodilation. Follow each dose with 20 mL rapid saline flush to ensure injection reaches systemic circulation.
- Intermittent Infusion: (for use in diagnostic testing)Diluent: Administer 30-mL vial undiluted. Concentration 3 mg/mL.
- Rate: Administer at a rate of 140 mcg/kg/min over 6 min for a total dose of 0.84 mg/kg. Thallium-201 should be injected as close to the venous access as possible at the midpoint (after 3 min) of the infusion.